jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.

I have recently opened up a tanning salon business..I have

Customer Question

I have recently opened up a tanning salon business..I have accessories also for sale in my shop. I know I need to pay the state taxes each month but I don't know how to do that. I have my federal and state tax what is the next step?
Category: Tax
Expert:  jgordosea replied 7 years ago.

Each state has their own process for registering and collecting sale tax.

What state (and city) are you collecting sales tax (as it does not yet appear in your question)?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Tuttle, Oklahoma

Yes, our register is set up with the sales tax required by our city, which is 8.5%!

Expert:  jgordosea replied 7 years ago.

Hello again,

Click the link below to view instructions and complete your application online.

Through the online registration, you will be able to register for Sales Tax (as well as other types of registration).
Before completing please read the instructions at

For when and how to report Oklahoma sales tax see that says:
"For most sales tax permit holders, the sales tax from sales made within the state from the first day of the month through the last day of the month must be remitted to the Oklahoma Tax Commission on or before the twentieth day of the month following the month in which the sale was made.

Oklahoma sales tax law authorizes semi-annual filing when the tax remitted by the vendor does not exceed $50 a month. Semi-annual sales tax reports are due by July 20 th (for the period covering January through June) and January 20 th (for the period covering July through December)."

The Oklahoma QuickTax System accepts the following reports and remittance for Sales Tax at

I hope this is all that you need for reporting and remitting the Oklahoma sales tax. Please ask if you need more help.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if you don't mind I am just now getting a minute to reply..i am going to chek this site out and get back with yo if there are any questions..thanks so much!!
Expert:  jgordosea replied 7 years ago.

Please be aware that from Tuesday to Friday I will be traveling and not at a computer.

Thank you for your patience.