Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

I had H&R block to my taxes this year and I need to get a copy

Customer Question

I had H&R block to my taxes this year and I need to get a copy of my return so my daughter can applie for a college loan. All of the H&R Block office are closed till next tax season. Are there a link I can go through the IRS to get a copy of this information for her FASFA application for college?

Thank you .
Johnny Randall and Wendee Kay Ball
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. You can get a copy of your 2008 tax return transcript by calling the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor sending by mail Form 4506T, to the IRS. It take about 3 weeks to receive the transcript by mail.
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.
As a long time H&R Block employee (23 years) I can tell you that there is at least 1 office open year round near where you live. Normally when you call the phone number of the office where you had your return prepared, that call will "trunk over" and ring in to the office that is open. They should be able to "pull up" your return from the vault and get you a copy.