Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

How do I get aboard for a class action lawsuit against JKH

How do I get aboard for a class action lawsuit against JKHarris?
Hello xjr,

There was a class action lawsuit filed in 2006 against JK Harris and that case was settled in 2007. It is now too late to join and be a party to that lawsuit.

However, if it is any consolation to you, the average person who was a party in that lawsuit walked away with less than a $10 settlement, even after paying JK Harris as much as $4,000 to $5,000 for work which resulted in no results.

Thank you xjr, and let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have read and heard that there is one that was filed this year.
Hello again xjr,

There was a lawsuit filed earlier this year by the Texas Attorney General, but claimants in that particular lawsuit are limited to those who are residents of the state of Texas.

If you are a resident of Texas and have done business with JK Harris in the last few years, you will be notified by mail by the state's Attorney General's office with instructions on how to become a member of the class action lawsuit. You may also call the state's Attorney General's office at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor more information on the pending lawsuit.

Here is a link to the official announcement of that lawsuit being filed.

This is the only class action lawsuit filed in 2009 against JK Harris that I am aware of.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank you xjr and let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help you with whatever I can.