Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

How can I obtain a copy of a non-profit corporations tax return

How can I obtain a copy of a non-profit corporation's tax return when the organization ( of which I am a member) refuses to produce it?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello BV,

A non profit organization files their tax return using Form 990.

The IRS regulations, which became effective on June 8, 1999, state that every organization required to file Form 990 annually is obligated to immediately provide copies of its three most recent 990s to anyone requesting them in person, or send out copies within 30 days to any written request.

Organizations can also fulfill the requirement by posting their Form 990 on the Internet. There are also several websites which provide information for many of these organizations. Here is a link to a website which will give you links to those various websites.

http://foundationcenter.org/getstarted/faqs/html/990.html

Form 990s are also available from the IRS upon request at the district office where the forms would have been filed.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you BV.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there any information in the 990 that is NOT required to be disclosed?