Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.

I own a home healthcare agency in middleburg hts. ohio 44130.

I own a home healthcare agency in middleburg hts. ohio 44130. One of my employees lives in middleburg hts. but works in parma, brooklyn and brecksville for my company. She insists that just middleburg hts city tax should be taken out of her paycheck. My accountant takes our for the cities in which she worked-parma, brooklyn and brecksville. What is the correct way for the city tax to be handled. RITA wants a breakdown of where all my employees work.

The Ohio Business Tax Guide (2008), on page 32, (Section: Municipal Income Tax, subsection: Tax Paid By)

Employers who are located in a municipality leving an income tax must withhold taxes from wages and salaries paid to employees, and can withhold taxes from wages and salaries paid to employees who reside in a municipality leving an income tax.

It seems to me that you are required to withhold taxes for the muncipality worked in, and may withhold taxes for the employees residence.

It goes on to say that the the Ohio Business Gateway, at , has procedures you can use to simplify the process.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this question was already answered to my satisfaction and i thought was already paid. i have a new question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What I would like to know is the difference between debt reduction and debt consolidation? What will allowing a third-party do to my credit standing and will it cause a problem in the future to get new credit if needed. What are the things to look for when dealing with a debt management company. This all pertains to credit card debt. Thank you
I'm afraid your new question is in a different category, which I do not feel qualified to answer. May I suggest that you close it and reopen a new question in the Finance category?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok will do -thank you This concerns credit card debt. What is the difference between debt reduction and debt consolidation? Which one is going to effect my credit standing the most as far as negative responce and how will it effect my applying for credit if needed in the future. What should I look for in a third-party company who will handle the details? Do I need to be represented by a firm who is connected to a law firm? Again this is credit card debt of over $50,000 that I would like to pay off as soon as I can. I already have a home equity loan and that is maxed out. Hope to use the savings on the credit card payment to reduce the equity loan. Problem arose when business needed help and I used personal monies. Thank you