Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

when will i recieve my 1040x rebate check

Customer Question

Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />
Thank you for using justanswer. If you filed a 1040X and you are expecting a refund, you may check the status at Where's My Refund or you may phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN Both of these require the social security number listed first on your return, you AGI, and the exact dollar of your refund.

You mentioned the term "rebate" in your posting. There is no rebate check like there was in 2008. If you did not receive your stimulus check in 2008, or if you did not receive all of the stimulus that you were entitled to, you would still follow the steps above to check on when you will be receiving your money.

Information on Stimulus Package

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when will i recieve my 1040x amended rebate
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry Esmeralda. I can only refer you to IRS's website and phone number. Since you have the right to privacy, and we are not the IRS, I can not find out that information for you. I can only give you methods for you to follow up on.

In general, amended returns can take up to 6 weeks before you recieve any refund, however, you will want to use the link above or phone number to see if IRS has processed your return.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX helps you.