RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..

i am a maryalnd employer setting up our own payroll system

Customer Question

i am a maryalnd employer setting up our own payroll system thru quickbooks. how can i find the correct deductions for our employees; to set up our payroll?
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

Have you subscribed to Qb Payroll subscription?

Do you provide any benefits to employee such as health insurance-pretax and/or post tax, 401K or similar deductions?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I subscribed to intuit online payroll. No employee benefits/401ks etc. Just basic federal and state deductions and I need to "plug" in all the correct data for payroll to begin to calculate itself. (and my payroll is due tomorrow) OPPS! Was a little over zealous thinking I could do this....but need to figure it out.
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

In Online quickbooks - you can go to Employees and than select employee list and select Add and update the employee list with the name and address and their SS#, address, number of allowances, state and other information.

Once the employees are set up, you can go to Paychecks center and create the payroll for the employees. At this time you can create the payroll item that you may not have created.

Once you go through the process let me know if you have any questions.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.