How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

requesting more time to pay,creating a payment plan

Customer Question

requesting more time to pay,creating a payment plan?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Are you trying to start an Installment Agreement with the IRS?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.

If you have no other tax debts, the IRS will accept an installment agreement if the unpaid liability is $25,000 or less and the tax will be paid within five years. Use Form 9465,, to start an installment agreement.