Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

Where can I get my fico score without having to signup for

Where can I get my fico score without having to signup for a monthly service charge?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello lawandorder,

The cheapest option available to obtain your fico score is by requesting your free annual credit report at

Each year you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report from each of the 3 major credit bureaus - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. When requesting your credit reports through that website, you will also be given the opportunity to purchase your fico score for a one time fee, which as of last year was $9.95. The fee may have increased, but it is a one time charge only.

You can request a free credit report from each of the 3 credit bureaus, although generally they should be showing the same information. However, you would really only need to request your fico score from one of the 3 bureaus, as your credit score should be very close to the same with each of them.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you lawandorder.