Dave, Bookkeeper
Experience:  Four years doing books, taxes, and accounting

I have a question about the home tax credit. I purchased a

Customer Question

I have a question about the home tax credit. I purchased a home 4 years ago. 1.5 years ago I married my wife. When I purchased the home, everthing was in my name only. My wife has technically never owned a home. We now sold our home and are going to build a new one. Is she eligible for the tax credit as a first time homeowner?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
Good eveningCustomerand welcome to Just Answer!

Unfortunately, if you are married, and either one of you have owned a home within the past 3 years, then neither of you will be eligible for the first time homebuyer tax credit. Here is a link with further information regarding the credit: (see number 2).

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance with this matter. Thank you for using Just Answer and please remember to leave feedback after you have clicked the Green Accept button. Have a great week.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks. The link was helpful
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
You are very welcome and please let me know if I can ever be of any further assistance.