Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

Im currently employed. I also have a website and I recently

I'm currently employed. I also have a website and I recently started receiving payments from AdSense (advertisements placed on my site) and affiliate commissions (nothing serious yet, I get around $100 a month in total). I understand, if I'm not mistaken, that I would report this income on Schedule C of the 1040 form. My question is, would I have to start paying estimated taxes on this income for 2009 or can I wait until I pay my income taxes next year?
HelloCustomer

It is not mandatory that you pay estimated taxes, but at the end of the year if you end up owing too much in tax, then you would also have to pay some penalties and interest for late payment.

By paying in quarterly, you can avoid these extra charges.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank youCustomer