Lou, Tax Preparer
Experience:  25+ yrs Experience Personal Income Taxes - Former DM for H&R Block in California

Im receiving a $50,000 inheritance from my dad in the state

I'm receiving a $50,000 inheritance from my dad in the state of Oregon. What are the tax ramifications at my age of 60?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lou replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

Oregon is tied to Federal Estate tax Law. If there is a tax due it would be paid from the eatate and is the responsibility of the executor of the estate to file the proper tax returns. In your case ($50,000) would not trigger an inheritance tax in Oregon or at the Federa level.

Here is a link to the Oregon website that will give you very specific information:

Was the $50,000 from an IRA or other retiirement plan?