Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

New jersey Goucester county My parents outright own the home

New jersey Goucester county
My parents outright own the home that i live in. There is no morgage it has been paid off. The township I live in after 8 years now are coming after my parents as landlords. My mother wants to add me as an owner of the property so this nonsense can stop. How do we do this?
Hello 2fast,

Your parents can accomplish this easily by simply signing a quit claim deed to add your name as a joint owner of the property.

Quit claim deed forms are available at most office supply stores such as Office Max or Office Depot, and are relatively simple to fill out. Once the quit claim deed is completed, you simply send it to the county recorder of deeds office to have it filed.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.