Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

How to view tax returns online?

How do I view my income tax return online?

Category: Tax
Expert:  Molinari replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What did you use to file it, was it E-filed?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I used a CPA to file my taxes.

Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

If you used a CPA to file your taxes, then there would be no way for you to view your tax return on line.

The only time that your tax return is available for viewing over the internet is if you used one of the on line tax software programs such as Turbo Tax or Tax Act to prepare your returns. You would then be able to view a copy of what you filed through their website. But returns filed by a CPA or an office such as H&R Block are not available for viewing on the internet.

If you need to have a copy of your return as it was filed with the IRS, you may request a copy of your return by filling out Form 4506, and the IRS will send you a copy of the return as it was filed.

Thank you, and let me know if you have more questions.

Merlo, Accountant
Experience: 25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad