Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I held to full jobs in 2008. Employer number one (the first

Customer Question

I held to full jobs in 2008. Employer number one (the first half of the year,) neglected to withhold FICA and Medicare taxes on my wages (gross wages over $110,000) and issued a W-2 with no withholding other than Federal Income Tax.    Fortunately, employer number two (the second half of the year) did withhold all taxes. I use Turbo Tax and have a small tax bill due as a result of employer number one's error and the tax offset of employer number two's Fica withholding. My question is, who is liable for the Medicare not collected by employer number one and how is it collected?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. The employee is liable for there share of Social Security and Medicare tax not paid by their employer. How much did you make with employer number 2 in 2008?