Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

mass excise tax city of quincy

Customer Question

? mass excise tax city of quincy
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 years ago.

About motor vehicle or boat excise taxes - see this publication -

The valuation for Motor Vehicle Excise tax purposes is based on a percentage of the manufacturer's suggested factory list price, new. In the year prior to the year of manufacture; for example a 2009 vehicle registered in 2008; the valuation would be 50% of the factory list price; in it's first year (2009 in 2009) the valuation would be 90% of the factory list price; in the second year (2009 in 2010) the valuation would be 60% of the factory list price; in the third year; 40% of the factory list price; in the fourth year 25% of the factory list price and in the fifth year and older, 10% of the original factory list price.

The tax rate for this tax is $25.00 per thousand dollars of value.

Here is the form you might need to use -

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my ? is what can i do or can you help me find legal way not to pay as the city fail to
let me know i had invoices past due for so long and never in 15yrs when i paid my lic fee
never informed me till now & wants me to pay 15yrs of late fees
Expert:  Lev replied 7 years ago.

You need to use the form Personal Property Abatement application -

If you need help with Abatement application - call Assessor's Office at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

General questions about Motor Vehicle and Boat Excise tax - call(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>