Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

As a single person if I earn an income of 480. per week gross,

As a single person if I earn an income of 480. per week gross, how much is deducted from my check for taxes?
HelloCustomer

The taxes that are deducted will depend on how you fill out the W-4 form for your employer and will also depend on the state you live in.

Are you filling out your W-4 form as single? How many personal allowances are you claiming? What state are you in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello. I'm filling it out as a single person. As far as I know I don't have any personal allowances. What would a personal allowance be? I am living in MA. I need to know what I would bring home if my gross salary was between 320. and 480.
Hello again Dondi,

Personal allowances would be if you had children or someone else you could claim as a dependent on your tax return.

If you are filling out your W-4 as single with no personal allowances, here is what you can approximately expect.

If you salary is $480 per week, your federal tax is $56, state tax is $20 and your social security and medicare taxes are $37. This would give you a net paycheck of $367 each week.

If the salary is $320 per week, you would have federal tax of $32, state tax of $11 and social security and medicare of $25. This would give you a net paycheck of $252 each week.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.