Lou, Tax Preparer
Experience:  25+ yrs Experience Personal Income Taxes - Former DM for H&R Block in California

I cant find rental credit area on H&R Block online filing

I can't find rental credit area on H&R Block online filing for rent I've paid in 2008.   I was not prompted to enter it anywhere either.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lou replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

Is there anywhere in the intervie process that you are asked about Schedule 1 or Schedule 1A?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I was not asked about Schedule 1 or 1a. As you probably know, they just ask the questions about your situation rather than referencing Schedules. There are various questions that ask about properties you own, but nothing about rent paid.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found the "Fair Housing" info that asked about rent paid etc (what I was looking for) but it did not give me any credit. Is that because my income was over a minimum amount?
Expert:  Lou replied 7 years ago.

I am not specifically familiar with H&R Block software. However, was there a question during the interview process that asked if you paid any "property tax". New Jersey actually provides a credit for property taxes paid, either directly as an owner or indirectly as a tenant paying rent.

Look for a question that addresses "property taxes" Her is a link to an article that addresses the concept:

I know of no income phase-out for that credit.

Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.