Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS

Why is my State refund taking so long?

Customer Question

Why is it taking so long to get my state tax refund?

Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 7 years ago.

You can check the status of your refund here

You may also call our automated refund status inquiry line to get the same information. All callers can dial 518 – 457 – 5149 In-state callers without free long distance should call 1-***-***-****.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The information you gave is information you already gave me, I can access that myself. Do you have any other information besides the information I already have?

Expert:  Cassandra replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry, I don't have any other information.

Did you go through the refund status and if so, what did it say??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It only said that they have received my return and it was being processed. No further information was available. I was hoping you have some information, like contacting the state and being able to talk to someone directly.
Expert:  Cassandra replied 7 years ago.

I will look for a more direct number for you.

When did you file your return? How did you file it, paper, or e-file? How did you request your refund check or direct deposit?

The above link has numbers to them directly. However, they may not be able to tell you any more information than you already have. Make sure to call them before 5 p.m. your time.

I am also wondering if you have not given this enough time to go through.