Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

i need my IL-PIN number and i didn get it on my IL 1040 booklet.

Customer Question

i need my IL-PIN number and i didn' get it on my IL 1040 booklet. i didn't file my taxes the last 2 years because i was incarcerated. so how do i get my IL-PIN number?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello frantic,

If you did not file a return in 2007, a pin # XXXXX not have been assigned to you. If a pin number had been assigned, it should have been included on your tax booklet label.

You may check the following section of the Illinois website to see if a pin has been assigned to you. You will need to enter your SS number and one other piece of identifying information.

If no pin # XXXXX been assigned, you would have to contact Taxpayer Assistance at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thanks for using JA.