Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

Is ther any way to hide vehicles and property that are paid

Is ther any way to hide vehicles and property that are paid for from being lost in a tax lein by the state if you act soon enough....I have just received my first letter from the state that I owed money only a few days ago...I contacted them to find out what this is all about, no agreements have been made or anything yet.....
Hello 19year,

If you sign over the car titles to put them in someone else's name and if you sign a Quit Claim Deed to put the property in another person's name, then the state cannot file a lien on your property, without first going to court.

If they would go to court and can prove that you moved the property out of your name strictly in an attempt to hide your assets, then the court could still grant them a lien on the property. However, in most cases, the state will not go this far to collect the debt.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thanks for using JA.