Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

I need to know where to enter the meal & snack deduction for

I need to know where to enter the meal & snack deduction for a day care center on Schedule C. Under meals and entertainment there is a point to enter meals for yourself, and it appears that number is XXXXX at 50%. The only other place I found was other expenses. Is this where I enter the deduction for day care?
<p>Are you providing the meals for the children?</p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="HB_Mail_Container">yes
Hello pah,

You would not enter your meal expenses under the Meals and Entertainment section of Schedule C. That particular section is for people who have a business where they travel and consume meals while out of town, and the deduction is limited to 50% of the expense.

Your meal expenses would be listed as an expense in the "other" section of Schedule C.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appeciated.

Thank you.