Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS

How much do you get back per kid

How much do you get back per kid
Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.

I will need more information to help you. For starters their is $1000 child tax credit, plus the EIC as well as the exemptions you can claim for the dependents. Everything depends on how much earned income you have and how you are filing plus the amount of dependents. In order to help you better if you can tell me your filing status, dependents, and how much earned income you have, I can give you an estimation of your refund.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Cassandra replied 7 years ago.
I ran the calculation using $3795 and you as head of household. because of the small amount earned you will not be entitled to a refundable child tax credit but will qualify for the earned income credit.

Your earned income credit if you have only one child will be $1299. If you have a second child this will increase your Earned income credit. You will also be entitled to receive back any Federal taxes you may have paid in on your wages.

Let me know if thier are any changes in these facts to give you an accurate estimation.