Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS

I own a small corporation and have my office in my house. I

Customer Question

I own a small corporation and have my office in my house. I am currently a renter for the house. Can I sublet to the corporation for the office space ( 2 rooms of the house ) of the corporation?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. No home-office deduction is allowed for expenses attributable to the rental by an employee of all or part of his home to his employer if the employee uses the rented portion to perform services as an employee of the employer.

If you are a employee of your corporation you cannot deduct the office space.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Please clarify. Can the corporation ( I am a one man operation) directly pay the person from whom I am renting from for part of the house? How does the corporation pay rent? Thank you.
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Are you a employee of your corporation? Do you received a W-2 from your corporation?