Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  I am a lawyer who understands tax law and finance.
1987257

I have a traditional pension plan in addition to my 401 K,

I have a traditional pension plan in addition to my 401 K, is the income from the pension plan taxable ?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 7 years ago.

Yes, income received from a traditional pension plan and withdrawals from a 401k are both treated as taxable income when the money is received. It is subject to regular income taxes, but not SS or Medicare taxes as would be earned income.

I hope this helps!

___________________

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: Absent an engagement for written tax advice prepared in compliance with the regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Treasury, no person prepared the written information contained in or accompanying this communication for use or reliance, and no taxpayer can, therefore, use or rely upon the written information contained in or accompanying this communication, (i) to avoid any penalties that the IRS may impose, or (ii) for the purpose of promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any tax-related matters.