How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3153
Experience:  EA, CEBS - 35 years experience providing financial advice
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I insert my OASDI on my tax return?

Customer Question

Do I claim my Federal/OASDI EE taxes towards my refund or my Med/EE?

Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Bill replied 8 years ago.

The OASDI and Medicare taxes that were deducted from your pay are for Social Security and Medicare taxes and are not included in the amount of Federal income taxes that you paid when determining the amount of your Federal income tax refund.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

So in my tax section, only the section titled Fed withholding is what I am entitled to for a refund?

Expert:  Bill replied 8 years ago.

Yes, that is correct. The amount that was withheld for federal income taxes will be entered on line 62 of Form 1040 (if that is the form you are filing) to determine the amount of your refund or taxes due.