Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS

I am a volunteer for a non profit, I am also on the Board of

I am a volunteer for a non profit, I am also on the Board of Directors, and Sec./Treas. I do all the accounting and secretarial work along with many other things. This is the same work I do at my paid job, can I take a tax deduction?
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. I am sorry but you cannot deduct value of time or services rendered by your for the non profit orgaization on your federal tax return. You can deduct unreimbursed expense, such as for uniforms, telephone or equipment, incurred in rendering such service. Deductions are allowed for transportation or other travel expenses (including meals and lodging) incurred in the performance of services away from home on behalf of a charitable organization. The mileage rate is 14 cents per mile for travel incurred in the performance of services.