How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I need The CP-575 for Medicare is the only document

Resolved Question:

Hello    I need The CP-575 for Medicare is the only document missing and a copy of the company Tax identification number 80-0252816    L.A.C.E. Services 1718 Oak Breeze ave Kissimmee FL 34744
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
Hello paula,


Unfortunately the IRS will not issue duplicate CP-575 forms. However, in lieu of the Form CP-575, Medicare will also accept a Letter 147-C from the IRS.


You must write to the service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned" . You should also enlcose a copy of the Second "B" Notice with your request. If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a cover letter stating the circumstances of why you need the Letter 147C.


In addition to Letter 147C, Medicare will also accept a copy of your Form 8109 (Federal Deposit Coupon) in lieu of the CP-575 form.


If this was helpful, please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.


Thank you.


Merlo and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you