Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

Hello I need The CP-575 for Medicare is the only document

Hello    I need The CP-575 for Medicare is the only document missing and a copy of the company Tax identification number 80-0252816    L.A.C.E. Services 1718 Oak Breeze ave Kissimmee FL 34744
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
Hello paula,

Unfortunately the IRS will not issue duplicate CP-575 forms. However, in lieu of the Form CP-575, Medicare will also accept a Letter 147-C from the IRS.

You must write to the service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned" . You should also enlcose a copy of the Second "B" Notice with your request. If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a cover letter stating the circumstances of why you need the Letter 147C.

In addition to Letter 147C, Medicare will also accept a copy of your Form 8109 (Federal Deposit Coupon) in lieu of the CP-575 form.

If this was helpful, please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.