How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 577
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i purchase a2 family house in 1989 for 125000. i put about

Customer Question

i purchase a2 family house in 1989 for 125000. i put about 25000 in selling the house for 170000 in 2008.the brokers fee is 6800. the house is in lynn ma. it was 100% rentals for 8 years .if i do not reinvest how much will i owe in capital gians     thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Did you take any depreciation on the house?

Related Tax Questions