How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a sole proprietor can I deduct my church contributions on

Resolved Question:

As a sole proprietor can I deduct my church contributions on Schedule C since I do not file a Schedule A? If so, where on the schedule do I show it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.



No, unfortunately you cannot deduct your church contributions on Schedule C. Schedule C is to be used strictly for reporting income and expenses related to your business.


If you are unable to file Schedule A for itemized deductions, then you will not be able to take a deduction for your church contributions. I am giving you a link below to the IRS regulation which outlines this requirement.


I wish I could have given you a better solution, but those are the current regulations.


If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.


Thank you.,,id=164997,00.html


Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you