How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 28899
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I run my for hire trucks through different states and

Customer Question

If I run my "for hire" trucks through different states and pay fuel tax in those states....can I get a tax refund on fuel consumed in those states from idling and not driving ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

While rules are different in each state - normally states provide Fuel tax refunds if the fuel was used for a non-highway purpose, such as lawnmowers, boats, bulldozers, combines, non-highway logging equipment, etc.


If the fuel was use by trucks on the road - you may not claim fuel tax refunds.


see for instance

WA -

FL -!refunds.html

MO -

WI -