Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
9313471

I run Adult Foster Care home, in my own house, in Portland, ...

I run Adult Foster Care home, in my own house, in Portland, Oregon. I have two patients who are not my relatives. The State of Oregon pays me to take care of them. The "Provider Summary" has "Room/Board: $483.00; Service $1,443.00" in the financial statements for these patients. In addition, my own 92 year old mother lives in one of my rooms. She receives her assistance check from State of Oregon, and her financial statements also have "Room/Board: $483.00; Service $1,443.00" QUESTION: what is considered TAXABLE INCOME in case of two non-relative patients? What is considered Taxable Income in case of patient who is my RELATIVE (my mother)?
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Amount received is not taxable if payment received from a state, political subdivision or qualified foster care placement agency for providing foster care in the taxpayer's home if no more than five individuals age 19 or older are cared for.