Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee

My husband and I had our taxes done in Riverdale,NJ ...

My husband and I had our taxes done in Riverdale,NJ this year. According to our tax preparer we did not owe any taxes, but recently recieved letters stating that we owe SC and VA a large amount of money. Is there a main office number or some one to speak with about this matter? To my understanding Jackson Hewitt should help us with this problem. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.

Dear TiffStriker,

There is a main Jackson Hewitt Number you can call. Their franchise headquarters is in NJ.

The thing is, you can call the number and may be routed to general customers support, which is likely what you are not looking for.

also phone coversations will not product the result you are looking for, though you should make phone contact through the customer service, anyway. That may give you a case number XXXXX use.

You need to ALSO contact them in writing, using a formal letter. A trick is, at the bottom of the letter to put the notation, after your signature: CC. Attorney, and if you have one, an attorney firm name. (even if you do not use one yet).

The page I gave you also has a link for making an online written requset. This should also be done.

then give two weeks for reaction time.

THEN you will want to contact someone personally in the corporate offices. I can not give that information to you, because I would have to pay for a report in order to find the exectuve phone list. You can purchase a report that gives the Hewitt Jackson executive phone list from dun and bradstreet. the report you want costs about 49 dollars.

The reason that you need that report, is that companies do not make public the executive phone list; but dnb, is an industry watch dog or credit reporting agency for corporations and companies. HENCE dnb has the contact information.