Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS

Who or why is inquiring about my checking/savings.

I am applying for mortgage to purchase my dads house. The bank wants details as to my checking/savings transactions because there are many because I sold my house 6/27 and sold all applicances/furniture/arcade games due to i downsized. The IRS just contacted me about a 1099 in 2006 i didnt know about and i paid the 908 taxes.Should I contact my CPA ?? and is it the IRS looking into my deposites?
I do need to get with my CPA and find out about 2007 1099 i didnt get either of about 3000.00 in income.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. You should had contact your CPA about the 1099 for 2006 because your CPA could have file a amended tax return and maybe had the $908 reduced. The IRS cannot look into you banking accounts unless they file a Federal Tax Lien against you for back tax due. You should talk with you CPA about the $3,000 you received in 2007. You CPA can file a amended tax return and add the $3,000 to your 2007 tax return.