Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

When will I get my kicker check

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Hello Ronald,

Did you file a tax return for 2007? If so, what date did you file? Did you have at least $3,000 in qualifying income?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
April 14th 2008
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
April 14th, 2008
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Hello again Ronald,

The IRS had originally posted a schedule of when the stimulus rebates would be issued, and that payment schedule was based on the last 2 digits of your social security number. However, those scheduled dates were all completed in mid July and only applied to returns that were received and processed by April 15th. Since you did not file until April 14th, it is very likely that your return was not processed in time for your payment to be included in that schedule.

In order to check the status of your rebate, you have two options. One is to call the IRS at their special Rebate toll free number which is(NNN) NNN-NNNN However, we have heard from many people coming to this forum that there may be very lengthy wait times to get through to someone.

The IRS also has a section in their website where you can enter some basic information from your return, and if your return has been processed and accepted, it will show you the amount of your rebate and the expected payment date. I am giving you a link to that website below.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.