Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee

Im retired. My wife works part-time. We received a

I''m retired. My wife works part-time. We received a stimulus check of $600.00. Should we have received a check of $900.00? I''m a retired teacher and took early retirement at age 60. My wife works 24 hrs each week. Some friends of ours who find themselves in a similar situation as we are received $900.00. I was under the impression that people who are employed get $600.00, and retired people get $300.00
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.

Dear Acer,

Thank you for your question.

The amount of stimulous check depends on the source of income and the adjusted gross income

Now two situations are exactly a like. Their adjusted gross income and source of other income may have been different than yours.

it is not that you are employed and retired, it is the source of the income and the adjusted gross income, and amount of tax liablity on your return.

This link provides a calculator which can help you to verify if your rebate was correctly calculated:

This link is a list of specific scenarios. your particular scenario may not be listed:,,id=179165,00.html