Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

My company which is incorporated in Missouri has hired ...

My company which is incorporated in Missouri has hired consultants in Texas and Alabama to work out of their homes in those states for 3 months and then wrk in Iraq for 2 1/2 months then return to to their homes and be laid off two weeks later. Do these employees need to fill out tax forms for the State of Missouri if they are residents of another state during this time?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

No, they will not have to file MO tax returns. Their source of income is in their own resident states, irrespective of where the paycheck comes from. The work they are doing is being done in TX and AL, so their income is considered as being dervied from TX and AL.

If this has been helpful, kindly press the "Accept" key. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks.