Lou, Tax Preparer
Experience:  25+ yrs Experience Personal Income Taxes - Former DM for H&R Block in California

property tax estimate for Thousand Oaks, CA

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lou replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

Can you expand a bit more on your question?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In applying for home loans, they ask me to estimate the annual property tax for the area; an estimate is fine.

The area in question is Thousand Oaks, CA
Expert:  Lou replied 8 years ago.

Property taxes are assessed by the county. Thousand Oaks, CA is in Ventura County.

There are a number of factors that will determine the annual property tax. My best answer to you is to call the Ventura County Assessors' office to get the current assessment rate. The are many factors that will affect the tax bill. There is the basic tax bill and a supplemental bill.

<table border="0" width="507">Real Estate Property Tax (tx)805-654-3744

Here is a link to the assessor's homepage that can give you additional information:,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL