Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
586644

I JUST SPOKE TO A MS GRAHAM, SHE SAYS BECAUSE MY TAX ...

Customer Question

I JUST SPOKE TO A MS GRAHAM, SHE SAYS BECAUSE MY TAX LIABILITY WAS ONLY $89. ON OUR TAX RETURN MY HUSB & i ARE JUST JUST ENTITLED TO $300. EACH. I DON''T FEEL THAT IS FAIR. PLS CHECK THIS FOR US. DOLORES & RAYMOND PADRO XXX-XX-XXXX=DOLORES AND XXX-XX-XXXX IS FOR RAY
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer

Who is Ms Graham?

AND what was your adjusted gross income?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have to search that, don't you have access via the computer, it might take me 15 minutes. My income is approxamately $24,000.00 in salary and
$3K in expenses.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Ed Johnson's Post: I have a yearly $3k credit the IRS gave us for $$$ we lost in the stock mkt about 7 years ago. Now that I remember Ms Graham said that was the reason we did not get the $1200.00. My husband had to retire on a disability 20 yrs ago. Our only income is my salary plus social security we both get.

Dear Doioray,

We are not the IRS and do not have access to your IRS account. I have to determine your eligibility myself, by hand.

What kind of SS is your husband getting? is it SSI or SSD?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
His disability pmts turned into regular social security when he turned 62. Ms. Graham is the lady I spoke with at the IRS. I thought you were IRS related, now I suspect this is just a company making $$$ on IRS questions. Anyway pls have your company destroy all my credit card info and our ss #,s. I hope you did,nt charge more than the $15. I agreed to and tell me what you think of ms grahams saying i do not qualify because on my $3k credit. I don't know why that should disqualify us.

DearCustomer

I apologize for your misunderstaning of our site. We are not making money on IRS questions. We are a legitimate internet consulting site. If you check our profiles, you will see that we are a degreed professionals who field questions from persons such as you can, and provide the benefit of our experience and education to answer questions and provide low to medidum level consulting services to persons who would not otherwise be able to afford such advice and level of consulting. For example: My fee or a CPA fee for helping you with this kind of issue woulbe be in the range of 100 to 350 dollars. Howsever in this venue it is much cheaper. We have to charge something for a lot of reasons from the cost of running the site to the psychological elements related to how people value information.

We have experts on tax issues, medical issues, legal issues (where only licensed practicing attorneys may give answers), and a wide range of other categories as well.

It is true that some questions can be answsered by the IRS, but it is also true that we handle way more issues with taxes than the IRS will or can.

If you check my credentials yhou will see that I am a member of the tax advocactyh panel, which is an appointed position by the U.S. treasury to actually give advice to the IRS on how to fix its customer service issues and improve processes.

After we finish, you may have your account deleted.

Now about the IRS and the agent you spoke to:

I do not know why she said it was related to the 3K tax credit. It may be that she is saying that the credit reduced your tax liability or your adjusted gross income below the amount authorizing the full payment.

Do you have a copy of your return available, so that I can exchange information with you in order to determine your benefit by the formula?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESUME TOMORROW? I NEED TO FIX DINNER. AND WHATSMORE I NEED TO FIND SAID REPORT MY CPA SENT ME.    DOLORES

Dear Dolray,

Yes, lets agree to meet to day in this venue at a particular time. I am thinking 4pm this evening will work. (june 4th)

Ed

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
4pm is good thanx for not giving up on me.

dolores

Dear Dolores,

I am on line...I apologize for being late...computer systems using time warner in NYC are intermittently down today.

Please let me know if you have the information so we can begin.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No problem being late, I forgot to look for my 2007 return to give you my adjusted income. I promise I'll do it now and leave you a msg. so you can e-mail me at your convenience. Thanks for being patient. Customer

DearCustomer

Here are the question I need from your 2007 return:

1. Which 1040 form? 1040A, 1040, or 1040EZ

There will be more questions dependin on which form you used?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Ed, I feel bad that I have taken so long to get back to you. I just looked through a humongus pile of papers searching for that darn thing. I found 10 yrs of tax papers except for that one. If you want to give up I can't blame you; however I'm going to suggest that my cpa e-mail or fax me the copy.

If your fed up, I don't blame you. Let me know if your permitted to wait untill Monday for the info you need. Have a great week-end. Dolores

DeaCustomer

Not a problem, I have time.

The issue here is that I can refigure your rebate for you to get an estimate.

Most likely the IRS contact you spoke to was correct, that this amount was what you were entitled to by the rules.

However, I bleive she mis-spoke as the tax credit itself was not what elimninated you.

It is based on your adjusted "eligible income". So some kinds of tax credits reduce eligible income. As well as some sources of income are ineligible. For example: SSI is ineligible for income for the tax rebate purposes, and so would be subtracted.

My refiguring your rebate estimate would be a way of verifying if the IRS provided you the correct amount of rebate.

You can estimate your own if you like by using the following site. It uses information taken from your 1040. If you like, I can wait for you to get the documents and do the work for you; or you can do it yourself. If you want me to do it, I am here for you; you may continue to get reminders or you can simpy keep the question open for more time until we finish.

http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/