Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS

Im doing bookkeeping for a friend. He has sales

I'm doing bookkeeping for a friend. He has sales invoices and bank statement deposits. He cares no A/R's. Do I debit suspense and credit sales. Debit Checking account and credit suspense account? Sometimes I might have a credit or debit differences? How do I handle the differences? Is there another way to handle this?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 8 years ago.
helloCustomerand welcome to just answer

A suspense account really should not be used, as you will eventually make your problems worse. You need to figure out what the suspense is. If you are talking sales, then you would debit cash in if it was paid at the time of the sale, and credit sales. If you are using the suspense account in place of an A/R account then I would recommend setting up a A/R account instead of suspense account. You should never have a credit or debit difference, you need to make them balance in one way or another.