Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

I need to know how to contact Petrie Retail who sends ...

I need to know how to contact Petrie Retail who sends retirement checks to retired employees.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Do your retirement checks actually come from Petrie Retail or do they come from an investment firm? Do you have a check stub or a copy of the 1099 form that they sent you at the end of the year showing your annual retirement income? Whoever sends you those checks is required to put a phone number on the 1099 form. Check there first and I think you will find what you are looking for.

If this has been helpful, please press the "accept" button. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thanks for the question and have a great day.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My mother has been receiving these small checks deposited into her checking account for many years. She has just passed away and I do not have the paperwork when she first started receiving them. I am trying to get them stopped.
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Even though your mother's checks were being directly deposited, she still should have received a 1099 form from them at the end of each year, so if you can locate your mother's last tax return and find that 1099 form, you should find their name and phone number. Also, normally when a check is directly deposited into a bank account, the name of the sender will show on the bank statement next to the deposit amount, so you could try checking there as well, and at least get the name of the company. The bank itself should also be able to give you more detailed information on the company that is sending those payments.

You could also try calling Petrie Retail headquarters in Secaucus, NJ(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If this has been helpful, please press the "accept" button. Thanks again and have a nice day.