How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 21 year old son who is a college student and does ...

Resolved Question:

My 21 year old son who is a college student and does not work, can I claim him as a exemption on my paycheck
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Hello cjk,

Yes, you may claim your son as a dependent if he is a FULL time student and under the age of 24. He must also not be claimed on anyone else's return (father who you are divorced from).

If this answer has been helpful, please press the accept button. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thanks for the question and have a great day.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you