jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
3653323

i have been on ssdi for 20 years and usually do not file a

i have been on ssdi for 20 years and usually do not file a tax return. this year the govt, sent me a stimulus package. i filled it out and mailed it back according to how the IRS told me to. i asked for direct deposit. according to the irs, my payment should be been deposited 5/2/08. not done. i received an e-mail from the irs today claiming that i have a tax refund coming and to submit a tax refund reqhest and to allow the 3-9 days to process it. then further down on the page they tell me an order to access the tax refund form to "click" the underscored marking and when i did, i could not bring up and form whatsoever. Do you have any idea what from they might be asking for? thank. denise

Greetings,

This e-mail is a phony. The IRS does not send unsolicited e-mail about tax account matters to individual, business, tax-exempt or other taxpayers. See the article at http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=178061,00.html for more information about these scams.

If the deposit was to be made on 05/02/08 it may be that you bank has not yet processed it yet. check back Monday or in a few days.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.