Cassandra
Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS
9608797

i have a tax line it started at 285,000 for not filing ...

Customer Question

i have a tax line it started at 285,000 for not filing sence then i have filed and nowe there is 70,000 line on my credit score this is on non collecible ststous so im wondering how to get this off mt credit scores i hve talk to the irs and they say that im ok sence i have been current can any one help me
Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 8 years ago.
Hello delton and welcome to just answer.

I have a question for clarification to better understand your question.
Are you talking about your credit report, that is showing a $70,000 as non collectible?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it does not show it on credit report i have talk with irs and they say that the back taxes are on non collectible so what i was woundering if the 285,000 wasbefore filing my back tax returns do you think that they would take the first line off my credit report
Expert:  Cassandra replied 8 years ago.
The IRS can not remove negative reports on your credit report. If the credit reporting agency has not updated their records or has not changed a non collectible to a late payment, you may want to get in toch with the credit reporting agency.

You can get a free credit report here https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp
this is the only place that is approved throught the federal trade commissions. You can also find links to each of the three major credit reporting agencies here.