Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

What are the laws concerning personal vehicle for ...

What are the laws concerning personal vehicle for work, ie.. milage, where should the milage start adding up. At the office or where the job is.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Mileage between your home and your office (commuting miles) are not deductible. However, if you work at more than one location during the day, you can claim the miles for getting from one place to another. So if you go in to your office in the morning, and then go to 3 other locations during the day in the course of your job, you can deduct the mileage from your office to those 3 other locations.

If this has been helpful, please press the "accept" button. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thanks for the question and have a great day.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my question wasn't wether it was tav deductible or not. It was wether your employer has to reimburst you for milage on your personal vehicle if you are using your personal vehicle for work. in the state of connecticut.
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Sorry I misunderstood your question. No, your employer is not required to reimburse you for mileage for business use of your own vehicle. But if he does not, then you can claim those expenses as a deduction on your taxes. I hope this answers your question, but if not, let me know.