Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I didnt finish my question and clicked on

I didn''t finish my question and clicked on enter and I lost the page Getting back to the situation,the money my husband received as a gift from his sister,now it''s under my name and I am trying to get approved for a loan ,my question is: is there any chance it can be taxed by the government again?or I can go ahead and present my bank statement for the loan showing a down payment for a property I want to purchase?

For income tax purposes the gift is not taxable income regardless the amount - as a recipient of the gift you do not need to claim it as income. There is no any amount limit. Please see for reference IRS publication 525 page 30 -

$12,000 annual exclusion is for gift tax purposes only. The donor - if he/she is an US person - would be required to file gift tax return if the gift is more than $12,000 per person per year (for 2007). There will not be any gift taxes unless lifetime limit of $1,000,000 is reached. In your situation the donor would have to pay gift taxes. There is an unlimited gift tax exclusion available to pay someone's medical or educational expenses.

There is no any other pages on your profile...

Did you used another ID for your previous question? If not - you may ask for clarification or ask additional question for your convenience.