Lou
Lou, Tax Preparer
Experience:  25+ yrs Experience Personal Income Taxes - Former DM for H&R Block in California

how can you find out if there is a loan made on your property

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lou replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

You can contact the L.A. County Recorders Office:

12400 E. Imperial Highway, Norwalk, CA 90650(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

14340 W. Sylvan Street, Van Nuys, CA 91401(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

11701 S. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

If the property has a loan on it there would be a recording of the loan.

You could also contact a Title Company ad ask them to do a "Title Search. However they would charge you to do that.

Here is a list of a few Title Companies in the LA area:

A.

First American Title Insurance Co

(NNN) NNN-NNNN
B.

Chicago Title Co

(NNN) NNN-NNNN
C.

Deutsche Bank

(NNN) NNN-NNNN
D.

Title Court Services

(213)(NNN) NNN-NNNN
E.

United Title Company

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>
F.

Fidelity National Title

(NNN) NNN-NNNN
G.

Financial Title Co

(NNN) NNN-NNNN
H.

Gateway Title Co

(213)(NNN) NNN-NNNN
I.

United Title Co

(213)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
J.

Landamerica

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

If you have any followup questions,let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my co-worker who is a real estate sales person, pull up a property transaction history. he works with provident title company, on one side is says Brower name who is not me, and gave name of the title company, date of transfer. and on the other side it says LOAN TYPE: CONVENTIONAL , INTEREST RATE: FIXED, DEED TYPE: QUIT CLAIM. PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME.
Expert:  Lou replied 6 years ago.

I want to be of help to you so I need a little more information:

1)Do you knlw the borrower?

2)Did you recently sign any documents related to your property?

3)What is the date of transfer?

4)Is there a name of the lender & if so who?

5)What is the name of the Title Company?

If you can give me that information I will be in a better position to help you.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THE BORROWER WAS: CLAUDE AND MELBA HARRIS,
NO I DID NOT SIGN ANY DOCUMENTS RELATED TO MY PROPERTY
DATE OF TRANSFER: MAY 05, 2005
THERE WAS NO NAME OF THE LENDER
TITLE COMPANY; TICOR TITLE COMPANY
Expert:  Lou replied 6 years ago.

If this transaction took place after you obtained title to the property then you need to contact Ticor title and ask to see the documents related to that transaction.

https://www.ticortitle.com/bd_results.asp

They will have copies of the documents.

What appears strange is that there are "Borrowers" but no "Lender".

What is the source of the information you provided to me?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes sir, i know that is strange, but there is no brower on the transaction paper. what i do not understand is that i tried to contact them. i sent them a certified letter asking them for documents and i ask them what was going on. it has been 3 months, and as of today i have not heard anything from them. i thank you for helping me you have been so kind. i want to change the price beacause i want to let you how much i appreicate your concern. so please tell me how i change the amount.
Expert:  Lou replied 6 years ago.

Ticor Title is a well respected firm in the title business. Call them directly and see if you can get someone to assist you.

Have you checked with the County Recorders office to see if there is a lien against your property?

It could be a simple error when a loan was recorded on another property. Clerks make errors from time to time. It could also be something that you will ultimately need to get legal assistance. What you need to be sure of is that in the event you should ever want or need to sell or transfer your property your title is free and clear.

Thank you for the kind words and if you would like there is an option for you to provide a bonus.

If I can be of any further help, let me know.

Lou, Tax Preparer
Experience: 25+ yrs Experience Personal Income Taxes - Former DM for H&R Block in California