Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

Iv recently moved to NZ my accountant has landed me with a ...

Iv recently moved to NZ my accountant has landed me with a £28000.00 tax bill payable now, i cant pay it what are my options? If I dont pay it now I live abroad what can they do

If you have moved to another country, there would be very little they could do as far as collecting any money you owe at this time. However, if the time ever comes that you would return to the country where the tax money is owed, you would probably face immediate levies on any wages or assets that you would acquire. If you think that is a possibility, you might want to try and work out a payment plan with them at this time, that way if you did move back you would already be locked in to some type of payment plan and not have to worry about levies being bade against your wages or assets.

If you found this answer helpful, please press the "ACCEPT" button. Thanks for the question and let us know if you need further help.