Cassandra
Cassandra, Tax Preparer
Experience:  8yrs experience in taxation for individuals. CTEC Registered and an Authorized E-filer with the IRS
9608797

Is the sales tax payed on realestate purchase, tax deductble

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  Cassandra replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.

Yes Real estate taxes are deductible on a Schedule A line 6. You can also view this information in the instructions to schedule A page A-5. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sa.pdf
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Cassandra's Post: I want to be clear.... I'm asking about the "sales tax" when you purchase a stick built home. I know the yearly taxes are deductable.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I purchased my home it wasn't clear if the sales tax was deductable. Sales tax became deductable a few years back in the state of Washington. Major purchases like cars, boats, mobile homes etc. can be added to the average amount based on your income.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What else do you need to know?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You did not answer the question I asked. However, you did provide the page I needed to see to find the answer. By the way, the answer was yes. I will pay the fee requested.
Expert:  Cassandra replied 8 years ago.
I am so sorry, i had stepped away from my computer for a few moments. I am glad you were able to find the answer. And Yes, it is tax deductible.