Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

what happens if someone files taxes on someone who is deceased

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

I am not quite sure if I totally understand what you are asking. When a person passes away, someone has to file a final return for that person. This could be the executor of their estate if they have one, or could also just be a son, daughter, or other family member. Once the return is filed for the year in which the person passed away, that is then the final return for that person, and no other returns should ever be filed.

If this has helped answer your question, please press the "accept" button. Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thanks for the question and have a great day.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Merlo's Post: Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX just wondering how that worked.
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
You are welcome